Civil law

Advice on property rights, legal relationships and responsibilities including Justice of the Peace services.

Am I fit to drive?

Certain medical conditions and treatments can affect your ability to drive and must be reported to the Department of Transport or you will be fined.

Apply for a driver’s licence refund

You can apply for a refund if you voluntarily give up your licence, your concession type changes, someone dies, you cancel your driving test or there is a payment error.

Apply for a photo card

WA residents aged 16 and over can apply for a card that helps them prove their identity without a driver’s licence or passport.

Apply for a vehicle fee refund

You can apply for refunds on your plate application, temporary movement permit, vehicle examination and vehicle licence fees, returned plates, concessions and payment errors.

Book and pay for a driving test

If you are a learner driver ready to sit your practical driving test or want to upgrade your existing licence you can book the test online.

Changing your name

Learn more on how to change your name and apply for a previously registered change of name certificate. 

Check your demerit points

If you have a WA driver’s licence or learner’s permit you can check details of fines issued, demerit point penalties and demerit point expiry dates.

Enduring Power of Attorney

An Enduring Power of Attorney (commonly known as an EPA) is a legal document a person can make that gives another person/s, or organisation, the legal authority to make financial and/or property decisions on their behalf.

Get your affairs in order

Getting your affairs in order is an important part of preparing for the future, for you and your loved ones.

Getting married in WA

Find information on marriage in Australia, getting married at the Perth Registry Office, how to find or become an authorised marriage celebrant and how to apply for a marriage certificate or single status certificate.

Jury duty in Western Australia

The jury system is an integral part of the judicial system and is coordinated by the Sheriff's Office in the Perth metropolitan area and the regions.

Licence Suspension Check

Online search facility to find out if your driver's licence has been suspended for the non-payment of a fine or infringement.

Pay a parking fine

If you have received a parking fine you need to contact the local council where the fine was issued.

Pay an on the spot fine

What to do if you have received an on the spot, hand written fine issued by a police officer or other authorised person.

Register a birth

Information on how to register a birth and apply for a birth certificate.

Report fraud

The priority of a police criminal investigation into fraud is not about recovering money for the victim and not all instances of fraud are investigated by police.

Report graffiti

Anyone can report acts of graffiti vandalism against public assets, community facilities or private property.

Report technology crime

All technology enabled crime must be reported through the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ReportCyber), which refers reports to the most applicable agency in Australia.

Return your vehicle plates

If your vehicle licence has been cancelled, the plates must be returned to the Department of Transport.

Search cemetery records

Our cemetery records system holds records within the metropolitan area for interments, entombments, cremations and memorials dating back to 1899.

Take driver’s licence theory test

When applying for your first WA driver’s licence, or transferring an overseas licence from a non recognised country, you need to pass a computerised theory test.

Transfer vehicle ownership

What you should do if you are buying or selling a vehicle and how to go about transferring ownership.